Translate

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

How Totally Stupid!

I have a particular loathing of unthriftiness. No, I'm not so bonkers on thriftiness that I rinse and re-use my paper towels, but I sure will turn a jelly jar into a drinking glass, and I absolutely get a kick out of recycling our spent aluminum cans for garden money. A  despicable waste of resources caught my eye today in the form of "school lunch shaming". This apparently is the symbolic classist act of tossing a freshly made tray of the already not very appealing and largely inadequate school food into the trash because it is discovered that for whatever reason the student in question cannot pay for it. Meh. No one should have to pay for the stuff anyway! Yes, I am appalled that rather than just give the gross stuff to the hungry and forced to eat lunch there student, the obviously irrationally minded lunch personnel chooses in some instances to toss the horrid excuse for a meal into a space consuming situation for the local landfill. Meh. Geh. What makes that better than allowing the stuff to be consumed by the originally intended recipient? Who can possibly benefit? Clearly, it is a nasty little mean spirited power trip of the shamefully worst kind. If someone worked for me and did that, I would fire them with a large fanfare. If someone that worked for me presented this as an acceptable policy, I would fire them with great pleasure.  It takes a particularly weak minded form of stupid mean to throw little childrens food away in front of them and their peers. We need to fire the people that allow these policies, and the people that enact them. I would be willing to make a guest B-tch appearance just for the sheer pleasure of being the one to point the finger to the exit and say the delicious words, as a civic volunteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment