Translate

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Sustainable Swiffery

Who loves Swiffer mops? I do in some ways but in others I find them highly inane. The Swiffer is principally designed to keep you buying. Just mop with the convenient little pads and throw them away to take up space in your local landfill, just pop in another container of cleaning stuff when the old is empy, and add a bit more to the local landfill. What a win! (NOT!) Have you cast aside a Swiffer when it ran out of accessories, lacking the desire to go buy more? I am ashamed to say that we did several years ago. How about those Swiffers that you can buy with the pre-saturated cleaning agent pads? Oh now that's a deal, isn't it? I don't think so, but there is a way to make your Swiffer keep on giving without demanding a periodic tribute in the form of branded accessories:
The key is having rags that fit into the punch holes. Ha! No more wasteful tossings! True, it doesn't look as cute and streamlined as the branded presaturated pad, but I can use and re use this old scrap of sweatshirt with my own desired cleansers. The Swiffer is now useful indefinitely! Tell me, who hasn't done this?

No comments:

Post a Comment