Translate

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Tiny new Vape Gear for Me, wah.

Alas, after a year of faithful and satisfying nicotine delivery, one of my Eleaf iPowers croaked in a very un dramatic fashion. I really loved the iPower and am rather depressed that it is no longer made. Same goes for the cheap and easy Reaper tank from Ijoy. I still have one working iPower, and one good coil for my Reaper tank:
Glah. All I want is my fix of sweet sweet calming pain relieving nicotine in a fairly non harmful yet satisfying delivery system that won't break my miniscule budget. So, I had to invest in some replacement stuff that was semi comparable, I hoped. I found a super tiny bit of equipment called the Eleaf Icare. Do I like it? Hmm. Putting it together was a total B-#@! for my stupid arthritic hands and fingers. Mostly, it was the taking the tank out that caused major cussing, and finally the employment of pliers within rubber gloves. It's tiny and my pinch/grip powers are almost non existent these days.


Finally, after a fight, I got it put together and filled with my homemade Bananas Foster (Flavoring from Nicotine Labs) ejuice which is 24% nicotine, 70% glycerin, and 30% propylene glycol. I must say, the little thing hits pretty darn good! I'm probably going to make some 50% propylene glycol juice just for it because I'm fairly certain it's little coil wont last long with higher glycerin juice. I got this little ICare for under $20, and it's discrete potential is worthy. Two top fill ports make it easy to refill and hopefully, I wont have to replace the coil within a week. I like tiny vape devices, never mind that I can't see them clearly without reading glasses. 
And then, I got my sweet sweet new baby for under $40: The Eleaf Pico. This is my first device that comes without a built in battery and of course I have blow up in my face paranoia. 
This little device is capable of much more than I will ever demand from it. I'm not out to blow huge clouds that obscure my children and grandchildren. I'm never going to build or use fancy coils for it. I put this little rascal to purpose today, and it is working just fine on it's lowest wattage setting with the sub ohm coil that came already installed, and, since it is, I will most likely stick with that. The Melo tank that came with it is pretty much as easy to deal with as the Reaper tanks were. After my friend's mod meltdown, I have serious battery fail paranoia, so I will most likely remove the battery and put it in the garage before I go to sleep each night, and I will most definitely be careful about where I source my batteries. The instructions with this little mod say to get a battery that has a discharge rate greater than 25A. If you are an ex smoker like me and interested in staying that way, these two devices might work for you too. Another thing that will most definitely help is embracing your need for nicotine, and accepting that you may have to make your own juice with high enough levels to keep you from needing a cigarette between vapes. I have met a lot of people that do both, and most are vaping low level nicotine ejuice. How long will these cheap new devices last for me? Let's see!

No comments:

Post a Comment